The show is getting awesome ratings and Twitter is always super busy when it is on. It’s great positive programming for the entire family to enjoy together. BET did good with this one! LOL!!
The opening for this week was none other than Le’Andria Johnson! It looked like they were trying to hide her baby bump, but it was still pretty evident.
She was looking especially beautiful! She sung “Struggle Not” and knocked it out the park. Great opening!
BET Sunday Best Top 8 Performances
1. Ashford Simpson-O How I Love Jesus-Not as good as last week, but a solid performance from one of my favorites.
2. Sara Escamilla-Keep Your Head To The Sky-Aw, Sara forgot the words to her song. Donnie told her she should have started singing in Spanish and nobody would have known the difference.
3. Kizzy Walker–Oh How Precious-A good performance, but her hair always distracts me.
4. Joshua Rogers-Peace Be Still-CeCe Winans said his performance was perfect and amazing. I agree! My favorite of the night.
5. Brian Luther-Jesus Be A Fence-I was hoping Fred Hammond would show up. LOL! I didn’t like this selection much for Brian.
6. Danetra Moore–Take it Back-I really liked her performance. This girl can sing! I liked her outfit too.
7. Alexis Spight–Be Grateful-Solid performance of one of my favorite Walter Hawkins songs.
8. Michael Lampkin-We Need A Word From the Lord-Pretty good. It was a slow song so I didn’t get to see him jumping around.
J. Moss was the second special guest. He did a wonderful job on his [amazon_link id=”B00777TEOW” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]hit song “Good And Bad.”[/amazon_link] We lost two more contestants–Brian Luther and Sara Escamilla. If Sara had not forgotten her words she may have stuck around for a while. Maybe….
What do you think about this week’s show? Do you agree with me that a guy is going to win it all this year?
BET Sunday Best Top Six
*click the contestant’s link above to see their BET interview