I appreciate everyone’s support this year! It’s been another great year of blogging about the best music this side of heaven and I’m looking forward to bigger and better things in 2013.
There have been so many great moments this past year, but the one that stands out the most for me is the emergence of Anita Wilson. Her music and beautiful spirit was a breath of fresh air. I’m looking forward to hearing more from her in 2013!
According to Google Analytics, the posts listed below are our most popular for 2012. Before I list the top posts, let me tell you what our most popular page was. The most popular page was the one on Black Gospel Radio. It always amazes me how much traffic this page gets on a constant basis. I take this to mean that lots of people are listening to Gospel music on their favorite stations. This is great!!
1800Gospel.com’s Top Five Most Popular Blog Posts for 2012
1. The post about Lisa Page Brook’s blockbuster song “I Want To Say Thank You” was also a favorite for 2010 and 2011!! People love this song!! Take a look at Lisa singing the song live below. It’s a perfect way to start a new year.
2. The pregnancy of Le’Andria Johnson was quite the topic in 2012. Some people were not too happy and voiced strong opinions. The Sunday Best winner addressed it all with her cover story in Precious Times magazine. And she has been going strong ever since!!
3. The Sunday Gospel! post of Emile Sande singing “Abide With Me” seemed to touch a chord with everyone. The singer/songwriter from the UK performed a spectacular rendition of the classic hymn at the 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony.
4. Always Sunday Best!! The post announcing Sunday Best auditions was a favorite. Anything posted about Sunday Best will be popular, but the one announcing the auditions was tops. Who’s looking forward to another great season? I know I am!!
5. Rounding out our Top Five for 2012 is the post with Isaac Carree’s hit gospel song “In The Middle.” Written and produced by Gerald and Tammi Haddon, the song enjoyed tremendous success on Gospel radio and Gospel music charts.
Other top blog posts of the year included the one about new music from Kirk Franklin, the song “Take Me To The King” from Tamela Mann, Whitney Houston’s passing, The King’s Men Tour and mega hit “Nobody Greater” from VaShawn Mitchell.Sign up for 1-800Gospel's newsletter!