The 28th Annual Stellar Awards aired live on GMC TV on January 19th for the first time in their history from the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. The show was hosted by Kirk Franklin and the ladies of Mary Mary. Have you watched the show yet? If you have, I would love to hear what you thought about it.
The Five Things I Loved About Stellar Awards 2013
1. I loved Tamela Mann’s performance of the popular Kirk Franklin penned “Take Me To The King.” It was a special moment that translated perfectly on TV.
2. I loved that it aired live! Thanks GMC TV!! I will probably watch it again when it airs in my city in February, but it was awesome to see it while it happened. There were a few hiccups, but for the most part it was a great production.
3. The Fashion! Some fashions were a question mark for me, but for the most part I loved what was worn. A big shout out to all the fashion stylists who worked the show. Some favorites for me were worn by Tamela Mann, Anita Wilson, Bishop Paul S. Morton, Maurette Brown Clark & Mary Mary. And that gold jacket that Charles Jenkins had on was pretty fancy, huh? Visit Examiner to see more fashions from the Stellars!
4. Donnie McClurkin & Marvin Winans singing “Who Would’ve Thought.” Even though Donnie McClurkin was dealing with the loss of his beloved mother, he pulled out all the stops and delivered a great performance with Marvin Winans. I loved the laid back feel of it!
5. Kurt Carr receiving the James Cleveland Lifetime Achievement Award was so appropriate because Kurt Carr has written some of the most popular and beloved gospel songs of our generation. I loved, loved when the Kurt Carr Singers sung “For Every Mountain” during the tribute.
Bonus: Best Quote of the Night was from Bishop T.D. Jakes during his acceptance speech for receiving the Thomas A. Dorsey Most Notable Achievement Award-”In the words of my mother, whenever you see a turtle sitting on a fence post, always remember he didn’t get there by himself.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!